|Step right up and rub my belly!|
Ship: The Laughing Buddha, re-purposed heavy freighter. Re-purposed for what, you ask? Only Naval Intelligence knows and, to a lesser degree, Commander Pinback...
I don't have the deck plans handy, but they'll be added in their own post.
- Ex- Naval Officer Commander Pinback, Ship's Owner, Captain and Pilot
- Ex-Marine Force Cmdr. Baukin Bahr, Jr., XO and Medical Officer
- Ex-Scout Rufus Jones, Navigator and Salvage Entrepeneur
- Ex-Merchant Donovan Braddock, Gunner and General Roustabout
- Ex-Barbarian(?) J'Imjohtep, Warrior, Sword-wielder, Ass-kicker, Security Chief, and Back-up Gunner
- Ex-Battlefield Armor Repair Unit RS32H, aka "Jack", Steward and Back-up Engineer
- Jyro McAllistair, NPC Engineer
- (One or two other retconned NPC Engineers, TBA)
Returning to the starport after recruiting some Engineers for the newly-recommisioned ship, they noticed the freight elevator was ajar. Scans of the ship's computers and onboard surveillance showed nothing amiss, but J'Imjohtep, Braddock, and Rufus went aboard while Cmdr. Pinback called the starport security. Braddock and Rufus went to their cabins to grab firearms (the Planetary Authority forbade all weapon-bearing) while J'Imjohtep grabbed his broadsword (really more of a bastard sword) from where he had left it in the cargo bay. As he moved in to check the Engineering sections, an unfamiliar alarm began to sound, and a bullet ricoccheted off the bulkhead from the open hatchway to his right. Ducking into cover by the catwalk ladder right next to the hatchway, he narrowly avoided getting shot a second time. He swarmed up the ladder, moved silently onto the catwalk, and got the first real glimpse of his attacker, who was standing next to what looked like an open compartment in the floor, maybe 1x2 meters large. Seeing his chance, J'Imjohtep leapt down and took off his assailant's gun arm with a single blow of his sword.
Then, things got complicated...
Coming up next: Robots, Mining Companies, and Alcohol...