Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ex nihilo...

...or something. I only pretend to know Latin so's I look cool! Anyhow, I'll keep this introductory post short and sweet:

I decided I had to stop thinking about RPGs and start playing them again. Revolutionary, I know, but there you have it. This blog will follow the campaign begun this last weekend, inspired by International Traditional Adventure Game Week. The world will develop as we play, thus the title of the blog: For those of you not clued in on the growing lexicon of oldskool lingo, "sandbox" style play starts with a vague concept of a world and grows in detail as the players make choices about where to go and what to do. Or at least that's my interpretation.

I have no idea how often I'll be posting, but my plan is to make it often enough that it'll be worth your while to follow along.


kesher

3 comments:

  1. I'm wishing I lived in Minnesota, Kesher. That sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it was! Well, there's plenty of room, and Minneapolis is a truly great city... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this blog - sounds like a lot of fun to be had.

    Like John McClane says, "Welcome to the party, pal!"

    ReplyDelete